By Jason Bryant
Chilliwack, B.C – The city of Chilliwack will be offering Burning Permits on-line beginning February 26th, 2013.
In March of 2008 the city council approved a new outdoor burning bylaw, with a few major changes:
• Land clearing burning was eliminated
• Open air burning only in two seasons: March & April/October & November
• Environment Canada burning ventilation index must be good or fair
• Burning only between 7am – 10pm, during burning season
• Adult must be present
• Violations result in $250-$1000 per offence
In order to burn on your property you must have a permit, and permits will only be given to those properties that are zoned for burning.
The spring season is quickly coming up. Permits can be purchased at www.mychilliwack.com, or you can visit the Bylaw Department at City Hall.
Let’s not forget to be careful and use proper fire safety when burning. For more information contact the Fire Department at 604-792-8713.
Previous Story - Next Story
Return to www.mychilliwacknews.com